Are you familiar with the safety precautions for concrete cutting? Are you aware that core drilling machines can cause holes in concrete, but there are potential risks? This blog will help answer these questions if you are not sure.
Concrete cutting is one of many areas that requires safety precautions. Diamond drilling Kent provides some safety guidelines for concrete cutting.
Follow Safety Guidelines
Safety instructions must be followed by the relevant authority. You should also create a safe working environment for your concrete workers. If you, as a company, are not up to date with safety regulations, don’t expect your workers will follow safety standards. Also, you should check the regulations and rules of any local authority where concrete cutting will be performed.
Concrete drilling and sawing require a safe environment. Concrete cutting requires the use of appropriate clothing, safety glasses, hearing protection, and other protective equipment. A high visibility vest is essential for anyone who works on the roadside.
You could be fined if you don’t follow safety procedures or your workers may get into an accident.
Verify that Machines Are Working Properly
It is important to make sure that your drilling tools work properly before you start diamond drilling. It is important to make sure that the saw and concrete blade are appropriate for your job. Different materials are used to make different blades. Each has a different depth of cutting. Concrete cutting involves the use of a variety of blades.
Do not attempt to drill if the machines aren’t working properly. Repair it or get new tools. It is safer to repair damaged appliances before you start diamond drilling.
Training Your Team
You should train your concrete cutting staff or hire employees who are experienced in the industry. It is important that the team of experts be current with safety guidelines. No matter the size of your project, it is important to communicate with your team and explain concrete cutting risks to them. Your team will feel confident performing the task safely if they are familiar with the safety procedures.
Use personal protection equipment
Diamond drilling is risky, so you need to wear sturdy boots and protective clothing. Concrete workers must wear designated personal protection clothing as part of their job. To protect your eyes and hands, gloves are necessary. To avoid falls and slips, workers should wear sturdy shoes. All people should wear a face shield during diamond drilling, as chips and shards may be thrown from the site.
Employers who do not use personal protective gear could be in danger while diamond drilling. All workers must use all safety gear.
Find out where to cut and how to do it safely
Concrete cutting requires heavy-duty machinery. The majority of drilling tools today use diamond blades. It is therefore essential that you learn how to accurately cut concrete. To learn the basics of cutting, follow the steps below:
- Verify the condition and quality of diamond blades.
- Examine cutters for missing blades and cracks.
- Replace the damaged blade.
- You should cut half the depth of the concrete slab. Do not go deeper than what is necessary.
- Keep the straight line in mind. Use water to cool the blade and reduce friction. You will also see less dust.
- Keep a steady supply water.
- Before you start using the saw, please turn it on and allow it to warm up at half throttle.
- You should inspect the machine and, if there are any problems, stop using it.
- You should immediately stop working if you experience any difficulties. When the machine has been repaired, you can resume the job.
- Don’t cut electrical wires that are live. This could cause electric shock or fire. Turn off electricity and all other utilities that supply the area.
Concrete cutting is not only dangerous because of the possibility of injury from diamond drilling but also because dust control is a major concern. Concrete is rich in crystalline silica. The cutting of concrete creates a form known as respirable crystal silica. Although it is not visible, it can cause irritation to the lungs. To protect yourself from concrete dust, ensure that everyone around you has a mask and other respiratory protection.
Water-assisted chopping will reduce dust production but not eliminate it. Use pneumatic devices to inhale less dust while concrete cutting services are being performed. Wet cutting techniques can also be used to protect your lungs.
If you are using an electric tool, keep away from water
Working with an electric tool can lead to fires or even death. Avoiding short circuits and other unforeseen events is a good idea.
While many people consider their safety and health to be a given, concrete cutting is dangerous.
- Concrete cutting will involve the use of powerful machinery so make sure your workers are not distracted.
- Your mobile phone should be kept away from you or turned off.
- Talk to your coworkers only.
- Signs should be kept up to show that you are working, and ask people to please stay away.
- Don’t work if you are exhausted.
Avoid distractions and follow best practices. Otherwise, you could injure someone.
CA Drillers adhere to all safety points and perform diamond drilling kent safely. Before we begin concrete cutting, however, we inspect the area. To ensure our workers are safe, we make sure that all safety precautions are in place.