Teaching using D2L Brightspace Technology Tools for Learning and Teaching!
What’s D2L BRIGHTSPACE?
D2L Brightspace may be the Learning Management System (LMS) for Minnesota Condition Mankato. This is the method that instructors might use:
* To create a website-based course site
* To organize course material
* To build community online
All classes in your account are immediately added Register now to discover your course(s).
Register to D2L Brightspace
GETTING Began WITH D2L BRIGHTSPACE
This video playlist from D2L teaches you how to navigate, set up account settings, create a profile and manage notification preferences.
D2L BRIGHTSPACE EESSENTIALS
The campus Technology Roundtable recommends D2L Brightspace to be used at most to:
* Add the training to Content
* Post Grades
* Add the dates of course payments to Content Topics and Assignments.
This playlist contains tech tip videos that are often less than 90 seconds long. Learn how to add files to Content, manage your courses, set up Grades and add payment dates.
COURSE DESIGN IN D2L-BRIGHTSPACE: TEACHING OUT OF CONTENT
Teaching from Submissions is a method that combines instructional design and education research to create high-quality course designs. Teaching from Content makes use of the D2L Brightspace Content tool in order to create a “hub”, which will be used for all course activities.
This playlist contains tech tip videos that are less than 4 minutes long. Learn how to Educate From Content
GRADES: Get the Best
This playlist contains tech tip videos that will help you maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of Grades in D2L Lightspace.
These video playlists from D2L Brightspace will show you how to create a variety of assessments within your courses.
* Teach multiple sections of the same course? You may Request Merged/Grouped Courses
o Updates to grouped courses take 1-to 2 days.
Note: Before any student submissions or content are added, please request your grouped/merged courses.
* You must include a Teacher’s Assistant or a Co-Teacher whose name is not in our official record. These instructions will help you include a Teacher’s Assistant or Co-Teacher in your course.
* Find out how to perform essential administrative tasks such as:
Email your class
Copy a training course
o Share D2L Brightspace materials
You can save/export D2L Brightspace materials and grades, assignments, and many other items!
* When can courses be deleted? What is the best way to find out about updates? Learn more about D2L Brightspace Course Request, Deletion and Updates here.
* What is the best way to practice? Submit a ticket to it Solutions to request a “Practice course” in D2L Brightspace
REQUEST An Exercise COURSE
Learn More About LINKEDIN LEARNING
VIEW LEARNING D2L BRIGHTSPACE COURSE ON LINKEDIN LEARNING
* CREATE a Forex Account for LINKEDIN LEARNING
CAD and PERFORM YOUR COURSE
You can find out more information about course design, teaching strategies and technology tools by clicking the links below.
Make Your Course
You will learn how to use evidence-based, pedagogically-sound web-based course design concepts. You can participate in self-paced learning, training and group consultations. Conferences are also available. Course certification is also possible. Let us design together!
Six Keys to Online Teaching Success
These are six key areas that will make online teaching a success.
MavLEARN could be Maverick Learning. You will learn research-based strategies for student engagement, teaching, assessment, feedback, learning theories and course design.
Technology tools for learning and teaching
We can help you, no matter what your teaching style is.